Hippo Trader Pro is an expert advisor that was published on the MQL5 market. Since February 2021 there were 995 downloads of the system’s demo version. The last update to V2.0 was in June. On MQL5 you can see eleven reviews and most of them are positive, forming an average 4, 64 rating. Are they real or just a simple seller’s attempt to attract new customers?
What is Hippo Trader Pro?
The system has some explanations, statistics, and other details explained. We have grouped the details up in the list below.
- The EA can work automatically for us without any extra effort.
- The system is available for $299.
- The next price will be an absolute scam – $599.
- The advisor works mostly during two sessions: European and Asian.
- It was tested on the 17-year tick data.
- We are allowed to work with EURUSD.
- The only time frame is H1.
- It follows FIFO rules.
- “It analyzes the market without using obsolete indicators and patterns, looking for the main trend, entering the market based on volatility (ATR Filter) and some Trend Pattern to predict the likely future trend.”
- We can work with both versions: MT4 and MT5.
- It needs $1000 for a 0.01 lot.
- We can work with any broker we want.
Official Hippo Trader Pro website
The company has a simple presentation that doesn’t look like a good decision to jump into this robot right now. The developer avoided writing much about it.
Michela Russo from Italy has a 38,126 rate. His portfolio includes six products rated at 4.7 out of 5 possible based on 202 reviews.
How can we use Hippo Trader Pro?
- The system should be used automatically.
- We have to set it up on the terminal.
- The advisor will trade for us and we can close orders manually if we want.
Pricing & refund
We can rely on the main price of $299 for now before rising. There are rental options available. The one-month rent is available for $199, when the three-month rent costs $269. We have no money-back guarantee provided.
- The system works with an unnamed strategy on the terminal.
- It works with EURUSD only.
- The only time frame for safe working is H1.
The developer shared with us a report on M1 of EURUSD. The broker wasn’t revealed. The risk level was 10%. The history quality was 80%. The recovery factor of this system was 52.62 when the profit factor was 3.82. It was a good number. The maximum drawdown was very low – 3.88%. It has executed 8644 orders. The accuracy was 77% for shorts and 76% for longs.
It’s nice of the dev to share with us trading results that were verified by Myfxbook. Alas, they are only from a demo account. It’s clear that the devs are afraid of risking their money. The advisor has been trading on a demo account automatically with 1:500 leverage. The account has a verified track record and verified trading privileges. So, there’s hope that the system shows real data. The account was deployed on June 22, 2021, and deposited at €10,000. Since then, the absolute gain has become 27.53%. An average monthly gain is 7.18%. The maximum drawdown is 26.28%.
The system has performed 136 orders with an average win of EUR 52, 73 and an average loss of -EUR 45,50. The accuracy rate is from 62% to 70%. This EA trades with an average trade length of two days.
The system works in both directions equally by the number of orders and profits.
The EA focuses on opening orders when the market is calm.
Thursday is the less traded day with 22 orders.
The robot works with high risks to the balance.
The expert advisor uses an aggressive combo of a Grid with Martingale. The last page of trading results shows 55% of the win rate only.
There are some open orders floating on the market.
The robot provides different monthly profits.
What are the real customers saying about Hippo Trader Pro?
The presentation includes both positive and negative testimonials. We don’t know if these comments are relevant.
The system is too young and uses two risky strategies at once to say that we can be safe using it.
Summary: is Hippo Trader Pro a trustworthy EA?Hippo Trader Pro
Trading Results3/5 Neutral
- Backtest reports provided
- Trading results shown
- No risk advice given given
- No money-management advice provided
- Only demo account trading results shared
- No refund policy provided
- The next price will be doubled
- Lack of testimonials