Grid King is a trading advisor for Forex to make some shiny profits. The system was published on the MQL5 forum. It has been demo downloaded over 4000 times since the beginning. The last update was released several months ago.
What is Grid King?
It’s an advisor that has both backtest reports and trading results provided. Anyway, a Grid of orders strategy is risky and requires strict conditions to even have a chance to work well.
Official Grid King website
The presentation looks middle-informed, and we are sure it could be written much better if the developer wanted.
How can we use Grid King?
Let’s talk about features, settings, and other important details.
- The system can execute orders for us automatically on a terminal.
- The robot can be used on MT4/MT5.
- The current price of $390 will be increased to $790 when the last copy gets sold.
- It works with a Grid strategy.
- We can work with various cross pairs at once.
- It knows how to decrease losses and recover after them.
- It sounds like Martingale.
- The test period was based on 18-year tick data.
- It was optimized for working with 29 pairs.
- We should use it on IC Markets.
- We may like to use a 4xhosting VPS service.
- “The EA uses a unique Spread Equalizer Algorithm (S.E.A.), which dramatically decreases the impact of spread and slippage on the stability.”
- “Volatility breakout strategy, where the EA will trade in the direction of strong price movements.”
- “Return to Mean strategy, where the EA will exploit the fact that price always returns to the mean.”
- We should use it on Hedge accounts only.
- The minimal balance has to be $1000.
- It’s not sensitive to spread, commission, or account types.
- We have to use it on an ECN account.
- The robot works with the same magic number on various pairs.
- There’s “One of a kind S.E.A. (Spread Equalizer Algorithm), which greatly improves stability for bigger spreads and slippages.”
- The time frame is H1.
- The leverage should be from 1:300.
- We should give the system a try on a demo account.
- It’s recommended to run on accounts nominated in EUR or USD for the best performance of the AutoSafety feature.
- The standard account requires $3000 to work smoothly.
Pricing & refund
We can buy the robot for $390. The pack includes a digital copy of the product, free updates, and upgrades. We can rent it out for three months for $199, for half a year for $249, and annually for $299. There’s a possibility of free download of the system to check settings.
- The robot uses a Grid of orders strategy.
- It executes deals on the H1 time frame.
- The system allows us to trade with all cross pairs.
This report united all cross pairs under one test. The tick data was three years. The modeling quality was 98%. An initial deposit was $3,000. The system has made $687,906 of the total net profit. The robot worked with medium risk. The maximum drawdown was 6.65%. The profit factor was 2.81. The recovery factor was 13.77. The robot has executed 7599 orders with 64% of the win rate for shorts and 66% for longs.
The advisor works on the real 1:300 leverage account with medium success. The maximum drawdown is 36.7%. They are unfriendly numbers. The maximum deposit load is 12.5%. The win rate is only 61.5%. The system has been running for 105 weeks. An initial deposit was €10,363.68. The absolute growth has become 58.14%.
There were 502 trading days. An average trade frequency is high 92 orders weekly. An average trade length is three days.
The system has lost four months. It’s unprofessional.
It closed some orders with huge losses.
The advisor executed 10,561 orders. The win streak is 22 deals. The best trade was €1895 when the worst trade was €1827. The recovery factor is 1.37. The profit factor is 1.13. An average winning order is €7.86 when an average loss is €11.09.
AUDCAD is ahead of others on trading activities.
We can’t suggest you trade with 5-10% risks. The common risk level is lower than 2%.
What are the real customers saying about Grid King?
The system has almost no comments about how great it works.
The robot that has lost four months and is going to lose August 2011 as well cannot cost $390. Remember, there’s no refund to cover us. Looking at the growth chart, we’d like to step aside.
Summary: is Grid King a trustworthy EA?Grid King
Trading Results2/5 Bad
- Backtest report provided
- Real-account trading results provided
- No risk advice given
- Risky strategies on the board
- The system works not quite well
- High pricing and no refunds provided
- No people’s testimonials published